How to make the most of shooting with a photographer
Most of my clients start shooting with me having had no past experience of shooting with a photographer before which is great because I can introduce them to a whole new world! Every time I shoot I want my clients to have the best images possible, this can only happen if both me and my clients work together. So here are my top tips on how you can utilise you a photoshoot:
1. Bring your ideas to the table, if you have a vision in mind or you follow someone on Insta that you really like, bring all those ideas to the shoot either in picture form or written down. In photography, inspiration is key!
2. Ignore what you know about photography. Shooting an image on your smart phone is very different to shooting with a professional camera. With a smart phone you can't get much depth to the image which means you often need to shoot against a flat surface to make the image look professional. However with a DSLR you can be as creative as you want! So let the photographer be your guide on what angle to shoot at because they can be a LOT more creative than an smart phone.
3. Release your wild side! Often the images that come out the best are ones where my client has been more adventurous and shown their wild side. You have to remember that a photograph is capturing a still image so the more animated you are the better the shots look.
4. Relax. It's really easy to tell when someone isn't relaxed in an image, their shoulders tense, they usually hunch slightly and tense up their face. So just relax! The photographer is the one who has to do all the hard work, they should reposition you and make you feel comfortable. All you need to do is turn up!
5. Have fun. I love my job because I do what most people do for fun. A shoot is kind of like a manicure but for your face. You should feel beautiful and love how you look in the images. Again that's my job so you just need to have fun!
6. And finally just be yourself.
Health and Fitness Photographer